E.M. Kohl Building

E.M. Kohl Building
427 W Woodard Street
Denison
Texas
75020

E.M. Kohl Building Denison TX

Ernst Martin Kohl (1857-1935), former German Navy captain who came to Denison in 1885, built the first floor of this structure in 1893 to house a grocery store and saloon. He added the top three floors in 1909-11 as his family’s residence. In the 1930s, this building became the Traveler’s Hotel, drawing business from the nearby railroad district. Purchased in 1968 by Mr. and Mrs. Bud Tucker, it was sold in 1975 to Dr. and Mrs. D. H. Brandt and restored by their sons, Bill, Bob, and Charles. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1975

Directions to listing

Send Message to listing owner

E.M. Kohl Building