Texoma Event Calendar
Events, activities, entertainment, and family friendly things to do in the communities surrounding Lake Texoma. Find community events, festivals, live entertainment, plays, concerts, seminars, and workshops.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Digital Culture
09/19/2022 @ 3:00 PM - 4:00 PMFree
Introduction to Digital Culture class at the Pottsboro Library
This 5-week course, taught by the library’s Senior Planet-trained digital navigators (seniorplanet.org), discusses how to identify and contact political representatives and get involved in government, maintain your financial security online, access reliable health and wellness information, safely enjoy social media, and have fun with creative opportunities on the Internet.
Wednesday, September 7th, 2022, at 3 PM (and every Monday and Wednesday afterward for 5 weeks, the last day being Wednesday, October 12th, 2022).
Contact us at (903) 786-8274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Week 1: All about Government. Learn how to identify your local, state, & federal representatives, how to contact your representatives, use social media to know where your representatives stand on issues and use digital tools to get involved with social issues.
- Week 2: Financial Security Online. Learn how to identify signs of a phishing email or text message, spot popular scams and avoid them, utilize resources for investigating and reporting scams, and implement digital payment methods.
- Week 3: Health & Wellness. Identify reputable sites for health research, research topics such as integrative medicines & herbal supplements, evaluate the reliability of a website, explore digital tools for mindfulness & meditation, and pick up healthy habits from MyPlate for every age and stage of life.
- Week 4: Social Engagement. See how social media can help you connect with friends, family, and organizations that are important to you; differentiate between the most popular social media sites; stay safe while enjoying social media; and identify volunteer opportunities.
- Week 5: Creative Expression. Take a virtual museum tour, access digital recordings of past events, navigate Google Arts & Culture, browse Pinterest, and start learning a new language with Duolingo.
Register at https://www.facebook.com/PottsboroLibrary/