Ladonia Fossil Trip
10/20/2018 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Heard Museum Ladonia Fossil trip
Don’t miss this chance to collect and keep fossils! Take a comfortable bus trip with the Heard to collect fossils in the Sulphur River near Ladonia! This site is famous for great collecting opportunities. Fabulous finds are not unheard of.
Before proceeding to the fossil site, participants will enjoy presentations at Ladonia High school. We will then stop for lunch in Ladonia. Guests should plan to BYO Lunch (food may be available for purchase–TBD). Then we’ll drive to the edge of the river. At the Ladonia Fossil Park, we will head out for our adventure! In the Ladonia city park, we will ID the discoveries. During the drive, geologist Diane Brownlee will talk about the geology we are passing through, and discuss the river system we will be hunting in.
The bus will leave from the AgriLife Extension Service, 825 North McDonald Street Suite 150, McKinney, TX 75069. Trip leaves at 8 a.m. and returns at 4:30 p.m. General Cancellation Policy: 100% refund up to 2 days prior to class; NO REFUND available after that time.
- Dress in layers and wear sturdy shoes that can get wet or bring boots.
- Warning – River access is steep and requires study shoes or boots – No Flip Flops
- Consider bringing change of dry footwear and pants
- Bring hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Bring backpack, sharpie, pencil and plastic bag for specimens
- Bring small trowel, hiking staff and camera if desired
- $27 per person Heard members; $30 per person non-members (includes bus trip)Click here to register