Spaceland Transitions: 3 way Speed Star Competition
06/02/2018 @ 7:30 AM - 06/03/2018 @ 8:00 PM
Ready to practice that dive and dock for bragging rights? Let’s do this! Our June Transitions events for recent graduates (up to around 100 jumps) will focus on no-show (no-floater) exits where you dive down to your 3-way team’s coach/organizer as fast as you can for a smooth 3-way formation. The event is timed over three rounds for fastest completion of the point; the team with the lowest score wins! Your coach will also plan a few points for afterward to keep things rolling after your hero swoop. 🙂
* Show time is by 8 am to be placed on a team. Teams of people arriving after 8 am may be allowed to compete, at the discretion of and with a proper offering to the meet director (Cory Kossan).
* Three rounds from normal jump altitude, formations to be drawn from the ones in the event photo
* Organizer dives out first and lays base (must have video to capture the docks)
* Time will be scored from exiting the plane of the door (as seen on organizer’s video) to completion of the formation
* Formation must be built within 35 seconds and held in control for at least 5 seconds to be scored (tagging on the way by doesn’t count 😉
* No grips allowed on exit
* No contact with anything but the floor of the plane (i.e., no leaning on the door before exit)
* Maximum score per round is 40 seconds
* Incorrect formations receive the maximum score
As usual, there is NO FEE for this Transitions event! Jumps are regular price.
Also: This is an ALL WEEKEND theme! The competition will only run Saturday, but our mentors will be working on dive and dock exits and perfecting your swoop like a beast, dock like a butterfly skills all weekend. 🙂 Or perhaps even floating up to the formation.
Good luck and safe swoops!