Sport Accuracy Competition
11/03/2018 @ 2:00 PM - 11/05/2018 @ 6:00 PM
Get ready to test out your landing accuracy skills in Spaceland’s fun Sport Accuracy meet! This event is for jumpers of all experience levels across ALL Spaceland drop zones, and it comes with free canopy coaching! The Ratings Center, who holds all of our canopy courses, is graciously donating their time at the target to video EVERY competitor’s landing for coaching and debriefing. Thank you, TRC!
We plan to start the competition Saturday at around 2 pm (giving you some time for practice jumps!). We’ll divide the competitors into three classes as follows:
* Novice: 100 jumps or less before the competition starts
* Intermediate: 101-350 jumps
* Advanced: 351+ jumps
There is NO ENTRY FEE for this meet! Jumps will be done from roughly 5,500 feet and they will be $25 each instead of the regular hop and pop rate (not including gear rental) because of the extra time the plane will spend flying multiple hop and pop passes.
* Overall winner across all locations: 1 DAY OF FREE JUMPS at the location of your choice! (gear rental/specialty jumps not included).
Per location prizes:
Rules (slightly modified from USPA Skydiver’s Competition Manual for Collegiate Sport Accuracy):
* 3 rounds
* The individuals with lowest total accumulated scores will be the winners.
* Competitors will be judged on the following three tasks:
* ACCURACY: Distance from the jumper’s first point of contact with the ground to the center of the target (maximum of 15 meters, 15-meter circle, dead center is a 16-inch circle)
* STAND-UP LANDING: Failure to perform a stand-up landing will add 15m to the competitor’s score whether you land inside or outside the 15m circle.
* LANDING CONTROL: Failure to contain the landing within the 30-meter-diameter circle will add 15m to the competitor’s score. (You must touch down AND stop your landing within the 15m circle to avoid this penalty.)
* If the first point of contact is not within the 15-meter radius circle, the competitor will receive the maximum distance score (30m).
Good luck and safe landings!