St. Luke Church

St. Luke Church
427 W Woodard St.
Denison
Texas
75020

St. Luke Church Denison TX

St. Luke Church is Denison’s oldest house of worship and oldest Episcopal sanctuary in Grayson County. Site given by Denison Town Company and visitation by the Ret. Rev. Alexander Gregg, first bishop of Texas, in May 1873. Cornerstone was laid in 1875 by the Rt. Rev. A. C. Garrett, bishop of Missionary District of Northern Texas. Church was consecrated by him in 1876. The original building forms nave of the present church. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1969 Incise in base: Commemorative for 95th Anniversary, Oct. 18, 1968

Directions to listing

Send Message to listing owner

St. Luke Church