East Burns Run Campground on Lake Texoma
East Burns Run Campground is located near Cartwright, Oklahoma, on Lake Texoma’s Oklahoma’s Cross Timbers Region. A large day-use group picnic shelter with electricity and playground is available – a favorite setting for family reunions, corporate retreats and weddings.
When the Denison Dam was completed in 1944, Burns Run was considered the premier location for tourism development. It is still one of the most popular campsites on Lake Texoma
East Burns Run has 53 campsites, 44 of which have electrical and water hookups. Other amenities include flush and vault toilets, showers and drinking water. A dump station, two boat ramps, a dock, playground, swimming area and beach are located on-site. Restaurants and stores are available about ½ mile from the campground. Entrance gates are open from 6 am to 10 pm.
Camping | 53 campsites | 50 Full Hookup | 50 electric Hook-ups | Water Hook-up | Sewer Hook-up | Pets Allowed (Domestic} | Day Use | Picnic Area | boat Ramp | showers | Playground | Large group picnic shelter with electric | beach
33° 51′ 5.0000″ N
96° 34′ 28.9999″ W
From Highway 75 in Denison, Texas, take Exit 72 to Highway 91, travel north on 91 across Denison Dam 5 miles, take first exit left. Physical address: 525 East Burns Run Road Cartwright, OK 74731.
Need to Know
- Self Service campground – entrance gates are open from 6 am – 10 pm
- All Sites Reserve only
- Each camper must go online, call, or scan the QR code (PROVIDED ON SITE POST) with their smartphone to reserve their site
- Water available at entrance site next to fee station
- Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forest from tree-killing pest by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site.
- Some sites in East Burns Run will be closed during the off season, Sites 1-25 Open All Winter
- Boat Ramp open
- Pay boat launch fee at vault located at the front of the park.
- Park will be fully open starting April 1st.
- Help-desk (580) 965-4922