Johnson Creek Campground on Lake Texoma
Johnson Creek Campground, a Corps of Engineers managed campground, is located on the east side of Lake Texoma on the Oklahoma side of the lake. Located in the Cross Timbers Region, the campsites are set among post and black jack oaks. The campground is easily accessible off Hwy 70 just west of Mead, Oklahoma. Newberry Creek Marina is about a mile away.
Johnson Creek is a very popular campground which offers paved campsites with electrical and water hookups. Sites 1-17, 44, 49, 50 and 52-54 have covered picnic tables. A day-use area with group picnic shelter with electricity is also available. The campground has drinking water, dump station, flush and pit toilets, showers and boat ramp.
Johnson Creek Campground Sites 41 through 55 will be open during winter but shower and bathroom facilities will not be available. Individual water hookups will be available until November 1st. During winter months, one frost-free hydrant is available within the campground to fill water tanks; individual water hookups are shut off annually after October.
Boat Ramp | Drinking Water | Dump Station | Entrance Station | Flush Toilets | Pit Toilets | Showers
| Vault Toilets | Water
33° 59′ 59.4298″ N
96° 34′ 12.3888″ W
From Durant, OK, travel 11 miles west on Highway 70. Exit off Highway 70 to the north and the park entrance is 300 yards ahead. Physical address: 215 Johnson Creek Road, Mead, OK 73449.
Need to Know
- Self Service campground – entrance gates are open from 6 am – 10 pm
- All Sites Reserve only
- Each camper must go online, call, or scan the QR code (PROVIDED ON SITE POST) with their smartphone to reserve their site
- Water located across from shower/toilet area
- During winter months, one frost-free hydrant is available within the campground to fill water tanks; individual water hookups are shut off annually after November
- Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forest from tree-killing pest by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site.
- Some sites in Johnson Creek will be closed during the off season, Sites 41-55 Open All Winter
- Pay boat launch fee at vault located at the front of the park.
- Park will be fully open starting April 1st.
- Help-desk ((580) 924-7316