Caney Creek Campground on Lake Texoma
Caney Creek Campground is owned and managed camping facility by the Corp of Engineers. Caney Creek is located on the north side of Lake Texoma in the Cross Timbers Region of Oklahoma just south of Kingston. Directions to the campsites: From Hwy 32 in Kingston, OK, take Donaho Road south and follow signs 6 miles on paved access road to the campground.
The campground has 41 campsites with electrical and water hookups and 10 primitive tent sites without hookups. A day-use group picnic shelter with electricity is available. Other amenities include flush and vault toilets, showers, drinking water, and paved access. A boat ramp, dock, small playground and dump station are located on-site.
The campground is situated on the shores of Lake Texoma among Post and blackjack oaks which forest the rolling hills where wildlife is abundant. The shoreline is somewhat rocky with only a small area suitable for swimming; parents with small children should exercise caution.
41 campsites | electrical and water hookups | 10 basic sites without hookups | picnic shelter with electricity | Boat Ramp | Hiking Trails | Playground | Showers |
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
33° 55′ 48.5580″ N
96° 42′ 20.9160″ W
Need to Know
- Self Service campground – entrance gates are open from 6 am – 10 pm
- All Sites Reserve only
- Each camper must go online, call, or scan the QR code (PROVIDED ON SITE POST) with their smartphone to reserve their site
- Shoreline is somewhat rocky with only a small area suitable for swimming; parents with small children should exercise caution
- Water avalable at entrance site
- During winter months, one frost-free hydrant is available within the campground to fill water tanks; individual water hookups are shut off annually after November
- Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forest from tree-killing pest by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site.
- Pay boat launch fee at vault located at the front of the partk
- Some sites in Caney Creek will be closed during the off season, pay boat launch fee at vault located at the front of the park. Sites A32-A42 Open All Winter
- Park will be fully open starting April 1st.
- Help-desk (580) 564-2632